i got it. Split The Difference by Gomez. hurhurhur. Heiyo (aka Plant Boy), please be patient. i do remember that i'm suppose to get you a CD hor. this Gomez album i psycho my momma to get for me. SO!!! atchoo was right. Gomez is heavy. i'll only list the tracks i dig.

Me, You and Everybody -the title reminds me of a Buzzcocks song. like a bittersweet break-up song.

We Don't Know Where We're Going -i truly dig this track. very the grunge. and the voice! put Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder voices in a blender and you've got an equivalent. one rockin' track.

Sweet Virginia -dark, broody beginning. song for smoking roll-ups and sleeping. instrumentalia in the chorus. a dash of Tonight, Tonight (Smashing Pumpkins).

Catch Me Up -the guitar jangling in the beginning is so addictive no?

Chicken Out -if you told me The Vines did this, i would believe you. but that still doesn't make me a Vines fan.

Extra Special Guy -"Well how do you do? Would you like me to mm, mm, mm-mm, mmmmmm.... I'm not suggesting that I want you, but I'll take you out" with lyrics like this you can't NOT like the song.



ok, who's with me on this? the dude on the far right looks like drummer Tre Cool from Green Day. got nothing against the bowler hats and suits though. but i dunno, seems a bit contrived innit? maybe they're trynna revive The Avengers.

0 comments: