How We Got Into What We Got Into
I think it started with Can, when I was going through my supervisor's desk because he had a habit of leaving old copies of Mojo lying around the place. And at that point of time, Mojo had just begun to include compilation CDs with each issue produced. So I took home the one which had Can on it and I was sold. From then on, I was getting into the whole 70s krautrock/psychedelic/funk stuff and I couldn't, for the life of me, appreciate Coldplay after Parachutes. And ever since then, I knew there were many more wizards waiting to be rediscovered in that acid infused era. Along the way, I got sidetracked by the early 90s shoegazing brood thanks to the boyfriend. But then he bought into the whole Acid Mothers Temple thing and we both found ourselves falling in love with Dungen so one thing led to another and I ended up amassing tracks by Mothers of Invention, Tyrannosaurus Rex and the like. Currently though, it looks like it's taking a detour back to the blank generation era because I find myself looking for Sleepers tracks whenever I get online. Still love the Beastie Boys, though. Haha.

0 comments: