I have got myself a new antagonist. It’s easier for me to come across antagonists than friends. Yes, it shows exactly what sort of person I am, doesn’t it? I am hardly a people’s person. Anyway I have been watching my new antagonist for quite some time now. Let’s call him Bob. Bob’s got a Masters and he writes for a newspaper. I hate him because he represents everything that is elitist in the independent world. My hate is borne out of pure jealousy. Yes, it is quite primitive. I am bitching because he has what I haven’t.

Bob is older than me by two decades so frankly I can’t deny that he has more experience in journalism and the English Language more than I do. I bet he comes from a well-to-do family: one of those old money types. I would kill to have his contacts, his money and his CD collection. I’m sure it is extensive. The CD collection, I mean.

If I were Bob, I’d uproot and move to NYC or some place. I’m pretty sure I’d be able to rub shoulders with rock stars if I did. That’s just another one of my schoolgirl dreams. My young adult dreams is to rub shoulders with rock stars, note their shenanigans and disclose their dirty little secrets in a book by the time I retire. I have already come up with a tentative title. It’s a verse from an Oasis song. Don’t Put Your Life In The Hands Of A Rock & Roll Band. It’s a bit too long for a title, I know. I’m open to suggestions.

Yeah, I can pretty much hear y’all say ‘She can’t be serious!’ Well, why not? Stranger things have happened, you know.

it's crazy how many great bands out there have such lousy band names. heh. i am tired and sick of this shit. sick of checking my inbox, sick of working, sick of making stupid plans i can never see through because of "circumstances". fuck lar. is there any Elliot Smith fans out there? i'm listening to him right now and i thought it was Sean Lennon. haw haw haw! better Elliot Smith than HIM, y'know. i watched Haggard a second time today and i was bugging my brother about the gawdawful soundtrack. what's up with that, balls? and there was New Order somewhere in there. like my goodness. i had to smoke lousy cigarettes after that.

p.s: i'm being an asshole because i am inspired by Ignatius, A Confederacy of Dunces.

0 comments: