Splendiferous Is Actually In The Dict?

In my 18-day MC, I managed to read three Gregory Maguire books. None of which was the one book that attracted me to the author in the first place -Wicked.


But the book 2 of that one book is decidedly the most interesting out of the three books I read. And I am happy to find out that there will be a book 3 out this year. Yay, another book to look forward to. I just dig books which turn age old tales on their heads. Usually, it's done by an author with a bawdy sense of humor or one who sympathizes with the villain. For Wicked, it's the latter. Like Mist of Avalon and those Arthurian females.

Kinda like my father's sisters. Used to think they were the villains of my childhood. But they had their own way of doing things. Things I only had begun to appreciate when I didn't live with them any more. Their underlying message had always been blood is thicker than water. Well, yes indeed.

0 comments: