You're Not The Only One Reminiscing, Dude

I just watched the pilot of October Road. I wasn't paying attention to the story line. Instead, I was attentively listening in to the tracks they used for this first episode. So familiar, so receptive to my ears. Why? Why? Why? And then I knew why. It made me miss Nisa. They used a song by one of her favorite bands. Nah, make it a couple of her favorite bands. They used songs from a few of her favorite bands. But this one is my personal favorite:

Walking round the room singing stormy weather
At 57 Mt. Pleasant St.
Well it's the same room but everything's different
You can fight the sleep but not the dream
Things ain't cooking in my kitchen
Strange affliction wash over me
Julius Caesar and the roman empire
Couldn't conquer the blue sky
There's a small boat made of china
It's going nowhere on the mantle piece
Do I lie like a lounge room lizard
Or do I sing like a bird released

Every way you go you always take the weather with you
- Crowded House

0 comments: