So RCA is really hammering hard on leak tracks and videos concerning JC's Phrazes for the Young. They probably have their people scouring YouTube every hour of every day for the Tokyo footages. Apparently, Monsieur Casablancas's debut for his solo was supposed to be that elusive Tokyo gig. Didn't hear any fanfare about it when I was there. But I managed to get my hands on two clips with my mad skillz. And well... the whole Neo Edwardian look is hardly original but since he is Monsieur Casablancas afterall, the look didn't come as a surprise. And I saw him dancing on stage in one of those clips and it reminded me of Da when a Sleater Kinney song takes over. Made me smile for a bit. The one song I managed to hear reminded me of Right Back Where We Started From (you know the chorus part? Ooo and it's alright and it's comin' 'long We got to get right back to where we started from Love is good, love can be strong We got to get right back to where we started from). I'm going to take that as a sign that the album is not going to suck as bad as the later Yeah Yeah Yeahs albums.

0 comments: